Sailing Team requires you to agree to the following to participate in their programs:
While every subtlety of acceptable behavior cannot be practically detailed, all Hoofer club and team members are expected to stringently adhere to the following standards:
- The Wisconsin Hoofers is committed to providing a safe, friendly, and inclusive environment for all members. Members are expected to act in a considerate, respectful, and responsible manner at all times while participating in Hoofer activities. Any verbal or physical conduct that demeans or threatens others is absolutely unacceptable.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers adhere to all policies and procedures of the Wisconsin Union and the University of Wisconsin – Madison in handling complaints of harassment and/or discrimination. Any inappropriate or unwanted comments, misconduct, touching, or bullying should be reported immediately to club advisor.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers maintain that consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 during a Hoofer-sponsored activity is illegal and is thus strictly prohibited. Responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages by members who are 21 and over is expected. Alcohol is not allowed in University vehicles at any time.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers forbid participation in any illegal activity (under Wisconsin or federal law) on any Hoofer-sponsored activity—regardless of location.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers strictly prohibit consumption of alcohol and illegal drugs prior to or during participation in any inherently dangerous Hoofer activity, including but not exclusive to: sailing, riding, climbing, paddling, skiing/snowboarding, and SCUBA diving.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers hold members personally and financially responsible for charges incurred as a result of improper behavior, including but not exclusive to: being arrested, being ticketed, damaging or losing property, having to find alternative transportation/lodging due to misconduct, etc.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers require that all Hoofer trip leaders follow all advisor expectations related to team and club sponsored trips—including trip plans, itineraries, reservations, and event posts in the Hoofer database. Varying expectations do exist depending on the length of the trip, activity risk, distance traveled, and fleet vehicle use and club advisor must be consulted and informed.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers require that all Hoofers activities follow prudent and reasonable safety/risk management practices which are in line with industry and University specific guidelines, including but not exclusive to manufacturer recommendations and national governing bodies.
- The Wisconsin Hoofers ask that all members grant permission to use their photograph in print or online promotional materials related to the Wisconsin Hoofers and the Wisconsin Union.
Any individual violating the above standards will be required to meet with club/team leadership and advisor/coach to determine disciplinary outcomes from the incident/activity in question. Outcomes may include suspension or expulsion from Hoofer and Wisconsin Union membership without refund. Hoofer Club Trip Leaders and Instructors retain the authority to immediately dismiss any participant in violation of this agreement or any University policies from a trip, program, or lesson at the participant’s expense.