Kettle Moraine State Forest - Lapham Peak Unit Day Hike
Friday, Jun 16, 2023 (8:30 am - 3:00 pm)
Join us for a challenging day hike at the Kettle Moraine State Forest – Lapham Peak Unit in Delafield, WI (just west of Milwaukee).
Trail Name: Moraine Ridge Trail
Distance: 6.6 miles
Difficulty Level: Advanced
The goal of this trip is to challenge ourselves on some hilly terrain over a moderate distance. Also… to have fun and get outside!
Lapham Peak’s glaciated topography was formed 10,000 years ago during the last ice age. It provides excellent hiking and backpacking.
Meet at the Park Street Circle between 8:15-8:30am
By 8:30 am, leave for Lapham Peak
By 9:30 am, arrive at Lapham Peak
From 9:30 am – 2:00 pm, hike the trail, eat lunch, enjoy each other’s company
By 2:00 pm, leave for Madison
By 3:00 pm, arrive back in Madison
WHAT TO BRING:
Please wear supportive shoes/boots with a good outsole that you are comfortable walking up and down trails in.
Bring your own water, food (we will eat lunch in the park), and sun protection.
Right now, space is limited because there are no large fleet vehicles available. We can increase the number of participants if we can find additional drivers or if a larger vehicle becomes available. Please reach out if you’re interested in driving.
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- Address: W329 N846, County Trunk Hwy C, Delafield, WI 53018
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals