Intro to Windsurfing
Monday, Jun 12, 2023 (1:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Event Information: This three hour lesson will introduce you to the basics of windsurfing and the equipment you will use during your windsurfing lessons. Instructional topics will include safety, board terminology, wind theory, simulator work and rigging and derigging of equipment . Sailing experience is not necessary, but will be useful. Please be prepared to spend time on the water if time allows.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Ground School Attendance Rating
Students who take this lesson will gain an understanding of introductory windsurfing sailing.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)