Safety Boat Lesson
Saturday, Jun 10, 2023 (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Event Information: This three hour lesson will cover the safe, effective operation of Hoofer Sailing Club Safety Boats.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: In accordance with Wisconsin State Law, any individuals born after January 1, 1989 must possess, while operating the boat, a valid DNR Boater Education Card. The DNR Boater Safety course can be found here.
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their Safety Boat rating.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)