Leave No Trace - Trainer Certificate Course
Saturday, Apr 22, 2023 - 9:00 am through Sunday, Apr 23, 2023 - 5:00 pm
Have you ever wondered how you can travel and camp in the backcountry in the most harmless way possible?
Do you aspire to have those who follow your path have NO IDEA you were ever there?
Learn how to truly become a backcountry ninja by embracing the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace through this Leave No Trace Trainer Certificate course.
This is the way.
This LNT Trainer Certificate Course requires all participants to “camp out” in tents overnight to demonstrate low-impact camping techniques. The focus is on the LNT principles and less on “how to camp”, therefore, it is recommended that participants have some knowledge of camping (even if this is classroom-based). As part of the course, participants will also be asked to teach, educate, and evaluate each other in one of the 7 LNT Principles. The cost of this course includes 3 simple “camp” meals, snacks, and LNT materials. This course is a combination of indoor and outdoor lecture/discussion, practical application, and reflection on your own developing ethic when it comes to the Leave No Trace curriculum. Please bring any basic camping equipment that you have and want to use as well as your own personal gear (clothing, toilettes, etc). We will provide all “group gear” (tents, stoves, etc). As we get closer to the course we will reach out and see what additional gear people may need to borrow for the overnight camp (such as sleeping bag, pads, etc). Topics covered on this course include:
- The Seven Principles of Leave No Trace
- The history of land conservation and public wilderness protection in the U.S.
- Individual learning styles
- Outdoor teaching techniques
- The authority of the resource
- Reflections on your own personal LNT ethics.
A Leave No Trace Trainer Certificate will be issued to each participant at the end of this training which will allow you to utilize LNT online resources and teach LNT Awareness Courses in the future.
Previous participants of Outdoor Explorer Series classes are eligible for the discounted registration fee for this course.
Questions registering? Please email email@example.com, or call 608-262-7445
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- 3 days or greater prior to the course start date – students may cancel the course, and will receive a refund less a $10.00 fee. Less than 1 day prior to the course start date – the course is non-refundable.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Please bring any basic camping equipment that you have and want to use as well as your own personal gear (clothing, toilettes, etc). We will provide all “group gear” (tents, stoves, etc). As we get closer to the course we will reach out and see what additional gear people may need to borrow for the overnight camp (such as sleeping bag, pads, etc)
- Food and Equipment Information
- The cost of this course includes 3 simple “camp” meals, snacks, and LNT materials.