Outdoor Explorer Series (Introductory Course): Winter Camping
Tuesday, Jan 31, 2023 (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for their new Outdoor Explorer Series. Learn and practice a new skill that will make you more comfortable and excited for your next adventure!
Intro To Winter Camping
Brrrrrrrr... It's cold out there. But, have no fear, you can learn to make it toasty warm for your next winter camping adventure. Don't let the cold keep you inside, get valuable tools and techniques in this course to turn the heat up in your skills.
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Learn about the types of ways winter camping can be done (Quinzee building, 4 season tents, etc)
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the risks involved with winter camping
- Learn how to prepare yourself and friends/participants to safely and comfortably camp in the winter
- Other considerations.
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the course is cancelled by Outdoor UW, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information