C/MC Scow Lesson
Saturday, Oct 1, 2022 (11:30 am - 2:30 pm)
Event Information: This three hour lesson will focus on the skills needed to safely and efficiently sail a C Scow/MC Scow. Students will have the chance to practice rigging, boat handling, landing, crew communication, and crew overboard procedures. This lesson will take place predominantly on the water.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: 420 Light, Laser Light, Byte Light, Sloop Light, J24 Light
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their C Scow/MC Scow Light rating. In order to obtain your rating you must show advanced knowledge in rigging, crew overboard maneuvers, landing, crew communication and boat handling. Students will be issued a C Scow/MC Scow Light rating once an instructor is satisfied with their performance, which may include having the student lead the lesson as a skipper. Due to the complexity of the rigging and sail controls, it will likely take several lessons to achieve proficiency. Ratings are issued at the discretion of the instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)