Wind River Range Backpacking
Monday, Aug 22, 2022 - 5:00 am through Wednesday, Aug 31, 2022 - 10:00 pm
This trip will open for sign up at 9pm on Tuesday, July 26th
THIS TRIP WILL BE $430 TOTAL, ALL PAID IN RECHUB RIGHT AWAY
We will be traversing 40 miles in the Wind River Range in northwest Wyoming. It will include difficult mountain passes, epic scenery, pristine alpine lakes, and cool people! We will be hiking on a loop around the famous Cirque of the Towers.
This will be an incredibly difficult trip with long days and intense elevation change. A BP2+ rating at minimum will be required.
The waitlist event can be found here: https://members.hoofers.org/event/88316
Mon Aug 22
Leave Memorial Union, drive 18hrs to Lander, WY
Tues Aug 23
Get permits in Lander, WY, drive 2 hrs to the Dickinson Campground trailhead. Hike 5 miles to Sand Creek (+ 1500 ft)
Wed Aug 24
Hike 5 miles (~3000 ft elevation change). Camp at Wahkakie Lake, below Washakie Peak
Thurs Aug 25
Rest day / Summit Washakie Peak. Camp at Washakie Lake again.
Fri Aug 26
Hike ~5 miles (~2600ft elevation change). Camp at Shadow Lake.
Sat Aug 27
Hike 2.5 miles (~1000 ft elevation change). Camp at Lonesome Lake around Cirque of the Towers
Sun Aug 28
Hike ~ 10 miles (~2000 ft elevation change). Camp at Sand Creek
Mon Aug 29
Hike ~5 miles (~1500 ft elevation change) to Dickinson Campground Trailhead.
Tues Aug 30
Drive to Black Hills
Wed Aug 31
Drive to Madison
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If you drop the trip, you will not be refunded unless someone takes your spot before the trip.
- Driving or Travel Details
- We will be driving fleet cars (2 vans).
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- You need preferably hiking boots for this trip due to the intense terrain. Trail runners may work at your own risk.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Food will be provided on trail, and for camping dinners. Participants will be responsible for buying their own lunches on the road.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- I'M SO EXCITED!!!