Black History Book Club: African American Nature Poetry
Wednesday, Feb 24, 2021 (6:00 pm - 7:30 pm)
This book club will consist of reading and discussing excerpts from "Black Nature: Four Centuries of African American Nature Poetry" by Camille T. Dungy. We will provide space for reflection on the poems as well as opportunities to connect the poems to the present day. The discussion will last approximately an hour and a half, with participants who sign up in advance given instructions on which passages to read for the event. We do ask that participants read and reflect on these passages prior to the event. Hoofer Ambassadors will provide a free copy of this book to the first 25 participants to sign up for the event (which can be done at the RecHub link). Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
- Event Type
- Virtual Event (meetings, lessons and socials hosted virtually)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Any updates will be made on this RecHub event page.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- "Black Nature: Four Centuries of African American Nature Poetry" by Camille T. Dungy (book)
- Food and Equipment Information
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- (not set)
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- (not set)