Fireside Relaxation Event
Thursday, Dec 14, 2023 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
The Hoofer Outing Club will be hosting a fireside relaxation event for students heading into finals. The goal of this event is to offer a space for students to disconnect from academics both physically and mentally to recharge their attention and focus heading into final exams. On Thursday, December 14th, we will be at Fire Circle #2 out on Picnic Point from 9am-3pm with a cozy arrangement of blankets, seat pads, hot drinks, and a warm fire. We will be providing hot water and have a limited amount of apple cider mix, hot chocolate mix, and tea bags. We want to warmly welcome you and your students to join us for a minute, an hour, or all day.
Who: Hoofer Outing Club (Host), Invited Organizations: Hoofer Clubs, Wisconsin Union Directorate, Multicultural Student Center, Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, Center for Leadership and Involvement, and We Outside. (let me know if there are other organizations you think we should invite)
What: Warm Fire and Hot Drinks
When: Thursday, December 14th, 9am-3pm
Where: Picnic Point Fire Circle #2
Why: Getting away from screens and getting into nature can help refresh our ability to focus and process information. The rhythmic movement and sounds of a fire can be relaxing and comforting during stressful times.
- Does this cost anything? No, this is a free event. Optional costs might include: renting a B-Cycle, bringing your own hot drink/mix, paying for parking.
- What should I bring? Dress warm and keep an eye out for the weather on that day, depending on the number of people present will determine how close you can get to the fire. In an effort to reduce waste, bringing your own mug or container to hold a hot drink is recommended but not necessary
- Is it rude if I come, drink a quick cup of something hot, and leave? Not at all. All are welcome, enjoy the time and space to your comfort level. Stay for a minute, an hour, or all day! Take some good vibes with you when you go.
- Who is this guy, Pete Buscaino? A little bit about me – I am the advisor for the Hoofer Outing and Hoofer Riding Club. I am originally from Clearwater, FL. I moved up to Madison, WI in the summer of 2019 and have been working at the UW since the Fall of 2021. I am passionate about helping students, getting people outside, and the mental health benefits of nature! I enjoy being a dad, gardening, reading, carpentry, teaching, and spending time out of doors. My partner, myself, and our daughter live on the near eastside of Madison in the S.A.S.Y. neighborhood.
- Do I need to sign up or register to attend? Registration is not necessary to attend.
- Who do I contact if I have questions? Please email Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Type
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information