Winter Kiting A: Kite Flying - U Bay Fields
Saturday, Dec 2, 2023 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Event Description: The lesson will cover techniques for safely launching and flying a kite on land. Students will work in pairs with the guidance of their instructor to practice these skills. Students should come prepared with warm, comfortable clothing. Warm, waterproof shoes with good traction are recommended. You do not need to bring skis or snowboard; there will be no riding.
Prior to attending this class, students should review the Winter Kiting Manual and the following videos:
Location: This lesson takes place at University Bay Fields. Students should meet at the shelter at the Northwest end of the fields.
Prerequisites: Intro to Kiting Attendance (obtained by attending a Winter Kiting Classroom lesson). Students may attend without taking the classroom but must take the classroom before being granted the Kiting A rating.
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their Winter Kiting Kite Flying (A) rating. It may take several lessons to achieve proficiency in the skills that constitute the rating. Ratings are issued at the discretion of the instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account. We ask that students remove themselves from a lesson as soon as they know they will be unable to attend; lessons dropped within 24 hours of the lesson's start time will be considered a Late Drop. If you no-show for a lesson without informing the instructor, they may temporarily suspend your lesson sign-up privileges.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur primarily on land. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet / dirty. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)