Trail Building on the Ice Age Trail!!! (Rib Lake)
Friday, Apr 28, 2023 - 12:00 pm through Sunday, Apr 30, 2023 - 5:00 pm
Leaders: Sophie Kuehn
Trail Building on the Ice Age Trail! No experience necessary!!
WE WILL BE MEETING AT THE MEMORIAL UNION Parking Circle at 1:00PM on Friday, driving 3 hours to the Rib Lake segment of the IAT. We'll car camp Friday night, volunteer on Saturday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, car camp Saturday night, and volunteer from 8:00am to 12:00pm on Sunday, then driving 3 hours back to Madison.
We'll also have a pre-trip meeting at some point before 4/18.
Before you show up on Friday, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- COMPLETE THE Volunteer Service Agreement form (if you haven't done so already) AND EMAIL IT TO Daniel_Watson@nps.gov
- LONG SLEEVE SHIRT
- LONG PANTS
- LEATHER WORK GLOVES
- RAIN GEAR
- MUD BOOTS or HIKING BOOTS (not tennis shoes)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to get any of these
- BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH/snacks for SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, and/or eat before departure
- Be prepared to pay a few dollars for gas (we'll flesh this out at pre-trip meeting)
- Get stoked for some awesome days of volunteering!!
Additionally, if you're interested in this trip and able to drive/fleet certified, please let us know at email@example.com!! It would allow us to take more people!
- Event Type
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- (not set)
- Driving or Travel Details
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- (not set)
- Food and Equipment Information
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals