Sail GP - The Greatest Show on Water [Virtual] | Winter Sailing Seminars
Wednesday, Feb 1, 2023 (6:30 pm - 8:00 pm)
Event Information: A brief history of Sail GP, a summary of the current season so far, and strategy and tactics involved in this unique style of racing.
Our Winter Sailing Seminars occur weekly and cover a variety of nautical topics. The seminars are open to the community and sailing club membership is not required.
Please see below for a detailed list of this season's dates and topics.
Location: This online presentation will be held on the Zoom platform. Join via this link (Meeting ID: 998 5539 7813, Passcode: 551113)
Participants signed up for this event will receive an email from the lessons site on the day of the presentation containing a link and password for joining the meeting. Please keep an eye out for it.
Using Zoom is free. You do not need to install the app or create a Zoom account, but doing so may result in a better user experience. Please visit the Zoom website for more information (https://zoom.us).
2023 Winter Sailing Seminars:
January 12 (Thursday): Sailing the British Virgin Islands with Max Slesarev
January 18: Building Your First Boat with Jo Reis
January 25: Spray's New Panel and Marine Electronics with Michael Litzkow
January 27 (Friday): Bareboating in Croatia with Pete & Christine Keuler
February 1: Sail GP - The Greatest Show on Water with Philip Tietze
February 8: Weather in the Great Lakes region with Ian Beckley
February 15: Limnology of Lake Mendota with Mark Gahler
February 17 (Friday): Sailing to the Virgin Islands and back with kids and a dog with Daniel Rogge
February 22: Nautical Communication with Mark Gillespie
March 1: Understanding the Racing Rules of Sailing with Dave Elsmo
March 8: Introduction to Marine Four-Stroke Engines with Mills Botham
March 15: Advanced Racing Tactics with Dave Elsmo
March 22: The Physics of Sailing with Sam Norrell
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)