Spray Lesson with Night Sailing
Saturday, Sep 24, 2022 (5:00 pm - 9:30 pm)
Suggested reading is U.S. Sailing Basic Keelboat, Basic Cruising, Bareboat Cruising, available in the Outdoor Programs Office.
Spray is a 30 ft classic cruising yacht that has sailed the great lakes before coming to Hoofers in 2003. Lessons on Spray focus on cruising and general sailing skills including care and use of the inboard diesel engine, sailing with a roller furler jib, and ensuring the crew has a safe and enjoyable sail.
Lessons proceed in all weather conditions except thunderstorms, your instructor may have on-land discussions about sailing theory or advanced topics if the weather doesn’t permit sailing. Dress appropriately; expect cooler temperatures on the lake.
Please bring you rating progress form for check off after the lesson. If you have areas you would like to focus on, please let your instructor know. You can find the progress forms and other instructional material at hoofersailing.org/manuals
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged. Please dress for the weather.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)