Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 - 4:00 am through Thursday, Jan 20, 2022 - 4:00 pm
This winter we are having an epic trip to Puerto Rico!
This is the view from the top of a classic route in Puerto Rico!
This could be you!
This Trip will run from Jan 11, 2022 - Jan 20th, 2022
Below is our estimated price breakdown. This trip is currently going to have 7 participants including the leaders. However, if there is a huge demand for more. Extra slots can be added.
Housing (9 Nights)
The estimated cost per person for this trip is $701! For a 9 day tropical vacation it's a deal you cannot beat!
For this trip, the only ratings you need are Top Rope! While the majority of climbing in Puerto Rico is sport and trad climbing there are plenty of Top Rope accessible routes available! If you are able to get a sport climbing rating before the trip that would be a huge bonus!
Ratings can be obtained via Hoofer President office hours or Gear manager office hours.
So let's say you want to go on this epic trip! Here's what you need to do!
First, check out this information Document here
The signup will open Wednesday, Nov 24th at 12:00 pm
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out! We are happy to help you with anything including finding a flight
Cameron McCrary (He/Him/His)
Hoofer Mountaineering Events Chair
Peter Matthews (He/Him)
President – Hoofer Mountaineering Club
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Hoofers Mountaineering will be staying 9 nights in San Juan, Puerto Rico at an Air BnB
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- (not set)
- Driving or Travel Details
- Hoofers Mountaineering plans to leave Madison early Jan 11th and Arrive back in the evening Jan 20th. This will be done via carpooling. The exact details will be worked out once the event is full. Hoofers Mountaineering will be flying out of Chicago IL. The recommended flight to book is listed in the document above. If you are not flying out of Chicago then try to schedule your arrival time in San Juan on Jan 11th similar to the listed flight. Same for departure. If you need help getting a flight sorted please contact one of the leaders above.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- (not set)
- Food and Equipment Information
- All Participants should bring climbing shoes, harnesses, chalk. All food is the responsibility of each participant as outlined in the price breakdown and document linked above.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- (not set)
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- The goal of this trip is to go out and experience climbing in ways Hoofer mountaineering hasn't been able to in the past. We hope that everyone participating will have an amazing time climbing and enjoying the sun!