Intro to Keelboat Sailing
Friday, Jul 23, 2021 (11:00 am - 2:00 pm)
Event Information:This lesson will cover the basics of Keelboat sailing and introduce you to the Keelboat fleet. Instructional topics will include boat vocabulary, basic sailing principles, knots, and rigging (setting up) the boat. Students will spend some time on shore and some time on the water and should dress accordingly.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Ground School Attendance Rating.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)