Active Badger Day - Night Hike with Outdoor UW
Thursday, Mar 4, 2021 (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for a socially restorative "night hike." If conditions allow and are appropriate, we'll strap up snowshoes and head towards picnic point across frozen lake Mendota OR we'll stay on land and hike down UW's Lakeshore Path.
This hike is all about getting outside, connecting, and staying active!
- Meet at Outdoor UW (lakefront of Memorial Union) by 6 PM
- Wear/bring a headlamp if you have one (not required)
- Dress appropriate for the weather - we'll meet outside and stay outside for the duration of the hike
- Event Type
- Social Event (for prospective and club members)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Participants will be notified the evening prior in regards to weather conditions or cancellation.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Headlamp (not required), boots (for snowshoes) or comfortable shoes for land travel
- Food and Equipment Information
- (not set)
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- Registrants will be asked to wear a mask and socially distance, pending any changes by UW-Madison to campus programming guidelines. Snowshoe outfitting will be demonstrated, but participants will not be individually assisted in close proximity.
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- Any used/shared equipment is sanitized by Outdoor UW prior to and after usage.