Leave No Trace Night Hike with Outdoor UW
Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020 (5:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Leader: Adam Remus
FOR UW STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF ONLY
Feeling isolated? Join Outdoor UW in a night hike along UW's lakeshore path and learn the 7 Leave No Trace principles along the way. Leave No Trace instructor and Outdoor UW advisor Adam Remus will engage participants with discussions about Leave No Trace outdoor ethics. We'll meet outside of Outdoor UW at Memorial Union just before 5:00 PM and we'll set off to the West along lakeshore path. Bring headlamp or flashlight if you have one, appropriate clothes for the weather, and wear your mask as we enjoy some socially distanced outdoor time together!
- Event Type
- Social Event (for prospective and club members)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event of cancellation, notice will be given to participants.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Mask, headlamp/flashlight (not required), warm/appropriate clothing for weather (check the forecast!)
- Food and Equipment Information
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- This night hike will be coordinated by an Outdoor UW staff member who will ask that PPE be worn during the hike and that we stay socially distant by 6ft.
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- We will sanitize any borrowed equipment