Heelers: Intro to Climbing
Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
Join Hoofer Mountaineering Club and other new climbers at this one-day intro to climbing webinar!
During this hour long webinar, we will introduce ourselves and the Hoofer Mountaineering Club. New climbers will learn about top rope climbing and gain a few skills to get out climbing and get connected with others in the club.
Overview of the webinar:
- Types of climbing
- Fitting and properly wearing a harness
- A demo on tying-in and top rope belaying
- Risk assessment and safety checks
- More information about the club and how to join
- What you should do next to get climbing!
We are so excited to give you a preview of our club and get you climbing!
Club members: tell your friends that are interested in climbing!
Join virtually via ZOOM! https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/91051225976
- Event Type
- Virtual Event (meetings, lessons and socials hosted virtually)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- (not set)
- Driving or Travel Details
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- (not set)
- Food and Equipment Information
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- The purpose of this webinar is to give new climbers a basic introduction to climbing. Topics will cover types of climbing, how to put on a harness, safety checks, and a demo on how tie-in and top rope belay.