Red Rocks 2019: Introduction to Gear Placement
Sunday, Mar 17, 2019 (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
In Progress / Completed
Intro to Gear Clinic
Leaders: Andrew Summers
Intro to Gear Placement:
- half-day, $15. Monday 3/18 (~9am-1pm)
- Intro to the world of trad climbing and is intended to teach you how to be a good second (ie not leading)
- Geared towards people who have very little experience with placing protection and need to learn how to place gear and equalize anchors.
- We will cover mechanics of gear placements, how to recognize good vs bad placements, and considerations while choosing gear and avoiding complications like rope drag. We'll try to get you some practice learning how to top-belay, too.
- This isn't an anchors course and you should already have some exposure to placing or at least equalizing trad anchors.
- A good stepping stone towards being able to trad lead.
- Prereqs: HMC Sport Leading Rating
- Available spots: 4
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training
There are 3 people in this event, with 1 spots remaining.
There are 0 people on the waiting list for this event, with 4 spots remaining.